Wednesday 6 February 2013

One layer card inspiration

I was looking at some crafty blogs and saw this http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/week-104-sketch.html  One Layer Card challenge for which people had made all these lovely cards. So as I was looking through my craft stash I had this sudden flash .. to use the sketch to make a one layer card.



I ended up making two. Stamped the image with Momento black ink - repeated two and a half times to get this strip effect. The sentiment was a bit of a let down. I meant to emboss it but the pigment ink I used did not take up the embossing powder at all! 


Coloured in the bottles using brush marker pens and applied glossy accents to some bottles. Coloured the swirly ribbons using Sakura gel pens.

I think they look cool .. for adults or kids . Good to have a stash of birthday cards to use in a hurry. Especially with all the birthdays from school friends of my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment